The Cadacus Solutions for SYSPRO applications provide users of Android tablets and phones and Apple iPad's the ability to query the SYSPRO ERP information
The mobile apps are currently free to all SYSPRO ERP users. The cost of the SYSPRO business object, installation, support or any other assistance is not included. The first release of the application was on August 28, 2012.
- The query XSL and CSS files installed on the server
- The Cadacus Solutions for SYSPRO applications installed in SYSPRO
- The Cadacus WCF service installed and configured on the SYSPRO ERP server.
- SYSPRO E.Net and the query business objects for the functional areas you wish to query (unless the Cadacus Handheld Solution for SYSPRO is licenced and installed).
- The "Cadacus Droid" application from Google Play or the "Cadacus Mobile" application from the Apple Store
Installing the Query files:
- Download the latest query files from this link.
- Create a directory on the SYSPRO ERP server to hold the query file directory. This directory can be anywhere on the SYSPRO server, we do not recommand there be any spaces in any of the directory names in the path. For example, create the directory "C:\SYSPRO61\Mobile".
- Unzip the contents of the query zip file to the directory keeping the directory tree intact. If done properly there will be a "Query" directory in the directory created in the previous step.
Installing the Cadacus Solutions for SYSPRO programs:
- Download the appropriate version of the programs from the download page .
- Place the file in the SYSPRO base\upgrade directory.
- Login to SYSPRO as an administration and allow it to install the files
- In SYSPRO do File, Run EDIMEN to install the programs in the SYSPRO menu.
- From the Warehouse sub-menu, run the Shipping/Handheld System setup and enter the directory that is holding the "Query" directory from the previous step on the "Import/Export" tab.
Installing the Cadacus WCF service:
- Install the FULL server version (not the client version) of Microsoft .Net 4.0 (if not already installed)
- Download the WCF service from this link.
- Run the installation program.
- Go to the Administrator Services control panel and start the CadacusWCFService.
- Setup the SYSPRO logon for the mobile devices to use by going into REGEDIT and find one of the keys below depending on if the server is 64 or 32 bit
- For 64 bit servers the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Cadacus\WCFService"
- For 32 bit servers the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cadacus\WCFService"
- Edit the entries for "Company", "CompanyPassword", "User" and "UserPassword" entries as necessary. The use of a SYSPRO username NOT used by anyone else is recommended. This user must be enabled to access the SYSPRO query business object.
- Go to the Administrator Services control panel and restart the CadacusWCFService.
Installing the Android app
- Go to Google Play (or the Amazon App Store) on your Android device and search for "Cadacus Droid" and install the application.
Installing the iPad app
- Go to the App Store on your iPad and search for "Cadacus Mobile" and install the application.
Configuring the device app
- Run the application and on the setting page, enter the ip address for the SYSPRO ERP server.
Customizing the query results:
The conversion of the query business objects XML to HTML is performed by a XSL translation file in the Query directory. To customize one of the queries, copy the appropriate xsl file to the "Local" directory and modify the copy of the file to display the information desired.
The look of the query is controlled by the iosAndroid.css cascading style sheet. To change the look, copy this file to the "Local" directory and modify it as desired.